Top 10 Things to Do When You’re up for a 2:15 am Feeding and Can’t Fall Back Asleep
October 10, 2011
We’re so tickled to share some original art created by Adrienne Hedger, artist and co-author of If These Boobs Could Talk: A Little Humor to Pump Up the Breastfeeding Mom. Adrienne is a writer and illustrator whose designs are published by Recycled Paper Greetings.
If These Boobs Could Talk is very clever and wonderfully illustrated ode to breastfeeding, complete with silly games, breastfeeding trivia, doodling pages for filling out with you toes while nursing, how-to lists (How to reward your boobs when they produce more milk) and a boob advice column.
Adrienne generously created some new illustrations for a page in her book to share here. We hope you’ll enjoy these images to accompany the list:
“Top Ten Things Things to Do When You’re up for a 2:15 am Feeding and Can’t Fall Back Asleep”
1) Spin a 1980’s tune and see if you can still bust a move.
2) Practice different accents without anyone laughing.
3) Rummage through your stash of beauty products and see if you can unearth ten that you haven’t touched in a year.
4) Go outside and lie down in the doghouse, just for a change of pace and company.
5) Eat an entire pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream, then lick the bowl sparkling clean.
6) Pretend you could pause time, then imagine all the ways you would use this power tomorrow.
7) Practice the moonwalk.
8) See if you can squeeze your way into your pre-pregnancy jeans.
9) Create three to four giant, nonhuman footprints in a nearby patch of grass and see if any neighbors freak out in the morning.
10) Watch re-runs of the shows you really like, but would never admit in public (Jerry Springer, ALF, Baywatch).