We're proud to be a Champion for safe cosmetics
December 14, 2011
At Motherlove we’ve been committed to making safe, toxin-free, organic herbal products for mothers and babies for over 20 years.
That’s why we’re pleased to have recently been named a “Champion” (the highest level of compliance) of the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. The Compact is a voluntary pledge to avoid chemicals banned in other countries, avoid harmful ingredients whenever possible, and fully disclose product ingredients.
Out of the more than 1500 companies who signed the Safe Cosmetics Compact, only 321 were fully in compliance with all the goals of the Compact, which earns those companies “Champion” status.
Motherlove products are all rated a zero (the lowest rating) on Skin Deep, the Environmental Working Group’s safe cosmetics database, and we are proud to publish our complete ingredient lists.
Motherlove achieved Champion status by:
- Complying with the European Union’s Cosmetics Directive, widely considered the global gold standard of cosmetics safety regulation
- Disclosing all ingredients, including ingredients in “fragrance” which in the United States can be claimed as “trade secrets,” even when they contain harmful chemicals
- Publishing and regularly updating product information in the Skin Deep cosmetics database
- Complying with any additional ingredient prohibitions and restrictions under the Compact and substitute ingredients of concern with safer alternatives; and
- Participating in the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
You can read more about the Compact and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics in the new report, Market Shift.Tags: campaign for safe cosmetics compact for safe cosmetics environmental working group european union cosmetics directive market shift organic skin deep database