At Motherlove, Every Day is Earth Day
April 20, 2011
This week, communities around the world will celebrate Earth Day. Here at Motherlove, we’re not doing anything special.
That’s because we observe Earth Day every day of the year.
Motherlove was born from a deep respect for the gifts from the natural world, and we aim every day to create our products in ways that protect and preserve it. Our products are truly gifts from nature, and we aspire to honor that generosity in every choice we make.
Here are just a few of the ways we maintain our commitment to the environment:
- Our certified organic ingredients reduce the use of pesticides and create a healthier product for you. All of our products score a “zero” (zero toxins) on the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep cosmetic safety database.
- We manufacture using wind credits, lessening the use of non-renewable energy sources which contribute to global climate change.
- All of our office supplies, packaging, and company literature is made from recycled materials.
- We use glass packaging for our salves - a choice which reduces the use of plastic, permits endless recycling, and allows for safe and creative reuse!
- None of our products are ever tested on animals and all are completely cruelty-free. We are third-party certified by Leaping Bunny, which means that not only our end products, but also the ingredients (where most animal testing occurs) are third-party certified. There are lots of bunny seals, but only Leaping Bunny is a third-party certification and not just a company statement.
- Through our Nurturing Life Foundation we support environmental education for kids at places like The Mountain Park Environmental Center. Over 10% of all Motherlove Herbal Company’s profits are donated to organizations that help nurture life and give children the opportunity to experience and explore the beauty and wonder of the natural world.
- Our founder, Kathryn Higgins, teaches on the gifts of the natural world through her lectures and writing on the use of herbs for nutrition, medicine, and body care. Kathryn’s first book, Pocket Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants, not only showcases the ingredients found in Motherlove’s products, but focuses on using native plants and sustainable harvesting methods. Kathryn is currently working on her second book, Sowing Seeds: Growing our Future, which focuses on growing herbs with children.
We are constantly striving to make Motherlove as respectful of the planet as we can, and encourage everyone to do what they can to make every day Earth Day!Tags: earth day glass packaging green companies nurturing life foundation organic skin deep cosmetic safety database wind power